Weekend surf trip to the evergreen shoreline of the Garden Route!
Spend your weekend in a surfer’s paradise, where the widest variety of waves imaginable surround Buffels Bay, a settlement of beach houses located inside a protected nature reserve.
Located 20 kilometres from Knysna, in the Goukamma Nature Reserve on the Garden Route of South Africa, Buffels Bay is a tranquil getaway with wide open beaches and unspoiled nature at your doorstep.
Surfing is our priority and the Garden Route is truly the best place to be a surfer, with little crowds and great waves for anyone, from beginner to advanced!
But there are also other adventures to explore and thrill seekers will be enchanted! Highlights include paragliding over incredible vistas and the world’s highest bridge bungee jump!
Surf lessons are conducted by experienced and accredited surf instructors. Our approach to your surfing experience is based entirely on your level of experience and expectations.
* We don’t work with rigid schedules. This is a very flexible indication only, to give you an idea of what the possibilities are…
Pick up at George Airport and check-in at Buffels Bay.
We start the day with an early morning surf session followed by a photo analysis to examine surfing technique and correct mistakes. Then lunch, an afternoon surf session and a sunset drumming session on the beach.
Optional: Either surf session (morning or afternoon) can be replaced by an excursion or sight seeing drive. See below for details.
Early morning surf session followed by photo analysis to examine surfing technique and correct mistakes (in the event that the first surf session wasn’t conducive to surfing photos)
Followed by lunch and an afternoon surf session.
Optional: The morning surf session and photo analysis can be replaced by visiting Sedgefield Farmer’s Market for breakfast, where local farmers sell their own fresh and organic produce.
Breakfast at the market is followed by a trip to Mossel Bay to join The Surfer Kids Non-profit for a day of outreach surfing. The organization’s focus is the social development and personal empowerment of less privileged local youths.
Last day of surfing. Followed by lunch and drop-off at George Airport.
Families with children are welcome!!!
Kids can also join the surf lessons, provided that they are confident swimmers and remain under the supervision of their parents / guardians.
R 3,000.00 (ZAR) / person / night
2020 Special: NOW ONLY R1,900.00 (ZAR) / person / night*
*Excluding School Holidays
*Minimum 6 people
* 4 people @ R2,400.00 / person / day
(2 – 3 Nights)
- Airport Transfers
- Transport to and from extra excursions / activities
- Transport to shops and / or local restaurants for self-catering grocery shopping and / or dinner options at various restuarants (within a 40km radius of Buffels Bay, including Knysna and Sedgefield)
- Shared Accommodation (Double / Twin)
- Private and / or en-suite rooms are available upon request
- Less than 200 meters from the beach!!!
- Continental Breakfast
- All Surf Instruction
- All surfing equipment
- Damages may be charged to guests.
- Sunset Drumming session on the beach (Weather permitting)
- One session of surf photo analysis
- You keep the photos!!!
Price does not include:
- Flights are not included
- Lunch & Dinner
- Self catering is possible, alternatively there is a variety of local restaurants all within easy driving distance.
- Transport will be provided to grocery stores and / or restaurants and is included in the price (within a 40km radius of Buffels Bay, including Knysna and Sedgefield)
- Entrance fees and ALL other extra fees associated with ALL extra activities during the Surf Trip is NOT included
Extra Activities (Optional):
- Safari Game Drive
- Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure (highest Bridge Bungee Jump at Bloukrans Bridge).
- Wine Farm Lunch
- Knysna Sightseeing
- African Souvenir Market.
- Sedgefield Farmer’s Market.
- The Surfer Kids (www.thesurferkids.com)
- White Shark Cage Diving.
- Waterfalls Canoe Trip
- Train Bridge Walk (Outeniqua Choe-Choe)
For bookings and enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re available on WhatsApp !!!