For dates on upcoming Garden Route Surf Trips, visit our Surf Trips Page
Travel with us from the famous postcard city of Cape Town…
…to the evergreen shoreline of the Garden Route!
We’ll start the Surf Trip with an exploration of the Cape Peninsula and all of its breathtaking sights.
From Cape Town we make our way up through the Garden Route, all the way to surfer’s paradise, where the widest variety of waves imaginable surround Buffels Bay, a settlement of beach houses located inside a protected nature reserve.
There’s so much to see and do on the Garden Route that often it’s difficult to decide… but sometimes its best to do nothing. Just sit back and enjoy some of the most incredible views you’ll ever see…
Otherwise even the most adventurous of thrill seekers will be enchanted! Highlights include paragliding over incredible vistas and the world’s highest bridge bungee jump!
Sand-boarding is also a popular choice for those that don’t mind getting sandy in places they never knew existed … !
We also compliment all our activities with daily Yoga sessions on the beach, to relieve tired muscles and make sure we get the most out of every day.
But ultimately surfing always takes centre stage. The Garden Route is truly the best place to be a surfer, with few crowds and great waves for anyone, from beginner to advanced!
* We don’t work with rigid schedules. This is a very flexible indication only, to give you an idea of what the possibilities are…
Pick up at Cape Town International Airport and check-in at backpackers. We explore the streets of Cape Town and in the afternoon we visit the top of Table Mountain, via its famous aerial cable-way.
We depart early for a Cape Peninsula sightseeing tour. Along the way we stop at view-points including Chapman’s Peak and Misty Cliffs. We visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and we witness the magnificent views from the old lighthouse at Cape Point! We also visit Simon’s Town and the Boulders Beach Penguin Colony.
We depart early and after a one-day road trip, through mountain passes, fruit orchards and vineyards, we arrive on the Garden Route!
We start with a theoretical introduction to surfing for beginners, followed by the first surf session. We finish the day with more surfing and a relaxing Yoga session.
Early morning Yoga followed by the Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure! This includes a zigzag zip-line slide over the Storms River, with waterfall and stunning rock pools. There is also the option to brave the highest Bridge Bungee Jump in the world at the infamous Bloukrans Bridge! En-route we explore Nature’s Valley and we return to Buffels Bay for a late afternoon surf.
We start the day with early morning Yoga followed by surfing and a African drumming session at sunset on the beach.
Early Morning Yoga followed by a sightseeing trip to Knysna and a visit to an African Souvenir Market. We return to Buffels Bay for a late afternoon surf session.
We’ll have breakfast at Sedgefield Farmer’s Market, where local farmers sell their own fresh and organic produce. We then head to Mossel Bay to join The Surfer Kids (www.thesurferkids.com) a local non-profit organisation, for a day of outreach surfing, with the focus being on the social development and personal empowerment of these less privileged local youths.
Early morning Yoga followed by surfing, with photo and video analysis, to examine surfing technique and correct mistakes. Followed by lunch and another surfing session in the late afternoon!
We’ll start the day with early morning Yoga on the beach and an early surf session, all before breakfast! Between breakfast and lunch we explore some of the tidal rock pools on the low tide. We’ll finish the day with a sunset surf session on the wild side!
Sunrise surf session! We get up to catch the sunrise, and we’re in the water surfing as the sun makes its first appearance over the horizon… This is followed by a relaxing Yoga session. In the early afternoon we head off to go paragliding, and we return to Buffels Bay for a late afternoon surf session and / or a relaxing full-body massage.
We leave early for a Safari Game Drive at a local private game reserve. You’ll see Elephants, Giraffes, Buffalo, Zebra, Lions and various Antelope species such as Kudu and Eland, all in open surroundings. We then return to Buffels Bay for a late afternoon Surf.
The last day in Buffels Bay is always dedicated to surfing as much as possible! This is the right time to forget about technique and just have fun!
We leave early to visit The Point at Mossel Bay for breakfast. From there we head back to Cape Town, via the Cape Winelands, where we stop at a wine farm to taste some local wines, go on a cellar tour to witness the wine making process and enjoy a very special wine-farm lunch.
Drop off at Cape Town International Airport. If time permits we’ll visit the colourful neighbourhood of Bo-Kaap.
NOV 2019 – MAR 2020
R 26,000 (ZAR) – All Inclusive 14 Nights
NOV 2020 – MAR 2021
Prices To Be Confirmed
- All Transport Including
- Airport Transfers (During the Surf Trip dates ONLY)
- Table Mountain Excursion
- Cape Peninsula sightseeing-trip
- Cape Town – Buffels Bay Transfer
- Buffels Bay – Cape Town (via Wine Farm) Transfers
- All transport to and from extra excursions / activities during the Surf Trip dates
- All Accommodation
- 3 nights in Cape Town
- 10 nights in Buffels Bay
- 1 night in Mossel Bay
- All accommodation is shared
- Private and / or en-suite rooms are available upon request
- Breakfast in Cape Town (3 nights)
- Breakfast in Mossel Bay (1 night)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in Buffels Bay (10 nights)
- All Surfing and Yoga Instruction
- All surfing equipment and yoga mats are provided on the basis that they are returned in the same condition as they were received. Damages may be charged to guests.
- Table Mountain Excursion – Aerial Cable Car fees are included (This excursion is weather dependent, seeing as the cable car does not operate in extreme weather conditions)
- For the Cape Peninsula sightseeing-trip all associated park entrance fees are included at Cape Point and Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Safari Game Drive
- African Drumming session in Buffels Bay
- Surfing Photo analysis
Price does not include:
- Flights are not included
- Visa fees and services are not included
- Lunch and Dinner in Cape Town is NOT included (3 nights)
- There are approximately 2 – 3 occasions on which we go out for meals during the course of the Surf Trip, these meals are NOT included (such as Breakfast at the Sedgefield Farmers Market and Seafood dinner at a local Beach-Restaurant)
- Entrance fees and ALL other fees associated with ALL extra activities during the Surf Trip in Buffels Bay are NOT included (such as the Safari Game Drive and Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure)
For bookings and enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org