“The ultimate surf trip from the postcard famous city of Cape Town to the evergreen shoreline of the Garden Route!”
This trip starts with an exploration of the Cape Peninsula and all of its breathtaking sights. From Cape Town we make our way to Mossel Bay, the gateway to the Garden Route, where there’s so much to see and do that it’s often difficult to decide.
Surfing is always first prioroty, but there’s enough to keep anyone entertained! Paraglide over incredible vistas or jump the world’s highest bridge bungee jump! Go sand-boarding or sky-diving! Or how about diving with the world’s biggest sharks?
But ultimately, it’s all about surfing and the Garden Route is truly the best place to be a surfer, with few crowds and great waves for anyone, from beginner to advanced!
* We don’t work with rigid schedules. This is a very flexible indication only, to give you an idea of what the possibilities are. The final program will depend on surfing conditions.
Pick up at Cape Town International Airport and check-in at the guesthouse. We explore the streets of Cape Town and in the afternoon we visit the top of Table Mountain, one of the new seven wonders of nature!
We depart early for a Cape Peninsula sightseeing tour. Along the way we stop at view-points including Chapman’s Peak and Misty Cliffs. We visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and we witness the magnificent views from the old lighthouse at Cape Point! We also visit Simon’s Town and the Boulders Beach Penguin Colony.
We depart early and after a one-day road trip through mountain passes, fruit orchards and vineyards, we arrive at the gateway to the Garden Route: Mossel Bay!
En-route we stop at a Cape Winelands wine farm, to taste some local wines. This includes a cellar tour to witness the wine making process followed by a gourmet wine-farm lunch.
We leave Mossel Bay early for a Safari Game Drive at a local private game reserve. You’ll see Elephants, Giraffes, Buffalo, Zebra, Lions, Rhinoceros and various antelope species such as Kudu and Eland. All the animals in the reserve live in completely open and natural.
In the afternoon we’ll do a theoretical introduction to surfing for beginners, followed by the first surf session.
We start the day with the early morning surf session.
In the afternoon we head off to go skydiving and if that’s a little too extreme, you can try the world’s longest zip-line over the ocean.
We’ll leave early and spend the day in Buffalo Bay, where a wide variety of waves break at various spots. We’ll spend the day surfing and do a sunset drumming session on the beach!
We’ll have breakfast at Sedgefield Farmer’s Market, where local farmers sell their own fresh and organic produce. We then go on a sightseeing trip to Knysna where we visit the breathtaking heads, and visit an African Souvenir Market. We return to Mossel Bay for a late afternoon surf session.
After breakfast we join The Surfer Kids, a local non-profit organization, for a day of outreach surfing, with the focus being on the social development and personal empowerment of local youths. This is followed by lunch and a late afternoon surf session.
Early morning surfing, with photo analysis, to examine surfing technique and correct mistakes. Followed by lunch and another surfing session in the late afternoon!
We’ll start the day with early surf session before breakfast.
Mossel Bay is home to a resident population of juvenile Great White Sharks and while these creatures certainly inspire fear, they are mostly misunderstood. In aftenoon we go to a shark cage diving to exerience these magnificent animals!
Sunrise surf session! We get up to catch the sunrise and surf while the sun makes its first appearance over the horizon… In the early afternoon we head off to go paragliding and return to Mossel Bay for a late afternoon surf session.
We leave early to Plettenberg bay for a whale watching excursion. From July to November it’s whale season! This is when Southern Right and Humpback Whales travel from Antarctica to give birth in the warmer waters along the Southern African coastline. We might also see dolphins and will definitely visit a large seal colony!
The last day in Mossel Bay is always dedicated to surfing as much as possible! This is the right time to forget about technique and just have fun!
This is followed by an early dinner at a local beach restaurant. Put your toes in the sand and eat as much delicious fresh seafood as you like! Had enough to eat? Take quick walk down to the empty beach and chat with a local fisherman. But don’t take too long. There’s still a six course meal waiting for you, all of it prepared by hand on a fire and served buffet style.
After breakfast, we head back to Cape Town, visiting an Aloe factory en-route to see how natural health products are produced from the Aloe plant.
Drop off at Cape Town International Airport. Depending the departue schedule of flights, if time permits, we do a historical walking tour around Cape Town city center.
29 January – 12 February 2021 – R 35,000 (14 Nights)
13 – 27 February 2021 – R 35,000 (14 Nights)
7 – 21 March 2021 – R 35,000 (14 Nights)
- All Transport Including
- Airport Transfers (During the Surf Trip dates ONLY)
- Table Mountain Excursion
- Cape Peninsula sightseeing-trip
- Cape Town – Mossel Bay Transfer (via Wine Farm)
- Mossel Bay – Cape Town Transfer
- All transport to and from extra excursions / activities during the Surf Trip dates
- All Accommodation
- 3 nights in Cape Town
- 11 nights in Mossel Bay
- All accommodation is shared
- Private and / or en-suite rooms are available upon request
- Breakfast in Cape Town (3 nights)
- Breakfast in Mossel Bay (11 night)
- One seafood dinner at a local Beach-Restaurant
- All Surfing Instruction
- All Surfing Equipment:
- Equipment is provided on the basis that it is returned in the same condition as it was received. Damages may be charged to your account.
- Table Mountain Excursion – Aerial Cable Car fees are included
- This excursion is weather dependent, seeing as the cable car does not operate in extreme weather conditions. In the event that it cannot take place there will be no refund.
- For the Cape Peninsula sightseeing-trip all associated park entrance fees are included at Cape Point and Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Safari Game Drive
- African Drumming session in Buffelo Bay
- Surfing Photo analysis
- Gift package from Unravel Surf Travel
Price does not include:
- Flights are not included
- Visa fees and associated services are not included
- Lunch and dinner in Cape Town and Mossel Bay is NOT included
- Entrance fees and ALL other fees associated with ALL extra activities during the Surf Trip in Mossel Bay is NOT included